Here are the steps for adding a new node to an existing clustered pool:
- Make sure all VMs on the existing clustered pool are in maintenance mode, as well as shut down.
- Disconnect the storage repository by right-clicking and selecting “Detach”. Be sure to check the “General” tab on the storage and that it shows the existing connections are broken.
- Disable clustering by right-clicking the cluster in XenServer, selecting Properties, and then uncheck “Clustering”
- Right-click the new node in XenCenter and select “Add to pool”
- Once added, make sure an IP is assigned to the cluster network interface, and attempt to ping another node in the network via the new node’s console in XenCenter.
- If the ping is successful, re-enable clustering.
- Reconnect the storage by right-clicking the storage repository and selecting “Repair”.